Our foster care programs understand and support the complex and rewarding relationships within families. Our highly trained professionals provide support and training for families to help provide children with a structured, nurturing environment for optimal growth. Family members are a part of the treatment team and are empowered to take an active role in the treatment of their child. Through both evidence-based models and therapeutic foster care programs, NAFI CT builds upon the strengths of each unique family and youth resulting in life-long family ties and successes.
NAFI CT seeks to recruit, train, and support a diverse pool of foster parents. We welcome single, married, partnered, or cohabitating individuals to become foster parents. NAFI CT proudly supports LGBTQ+ individuals and couples on the journey to become foster parents.
Our Foster Families Describe Their Experiences
Each May is National Foster Care Month, and this year we reached out to some of our wonderful foster families and asked them to share their inspirations, successes, and thoughts about the vital roles they play in providing young people in need with a nurturing family environment. Follow the link to read their stories and be inspired to join our team.
NAFI CT offers intensive support services to our foster families to assist in the success of each youth and family, including:
- Specialized training prior to the placement of a child
- Frequent visits from our professional staff
- 24-hour on-call support
- Ongoing opportunities for education and training
- Planned and emergency respite
- Parent support groups
- Assistance with each child’s individualized needs
- Connection to community resources to support the success of each child
- A substantial monthly stipend for the care of the child