NAFI CT has an outstanding reputation across the state of Connecticut for providing quality and practical training opportunities that prepare employees for working within the human service field. As an accredited agency, we meet best practice standards for training curriculum and staff preparedness. Our expertise, research-based and hands-on approach to teaching allows employees to learn within a comfortable and supportive environment. This holistic approach to teaching and learning impacts the clients we serve in boundless ways as staff are knowledgeable, prepared and eager to perform their jobs with care, respect and invaluable knowledge based on best practice research.
The NAFI CT Training Institute also provides training, consultation and program assessment both in and out of state based on the individual needs of each school, program, agency or department. These trainings and consultation include: program assessment, facilitation of strategic planning and/or retreats, gender-responsive program assessments and training, organizational leadership, teambuilding and support, building safe and strong environments for employees/youth as well as work with educational systems and schools.
Evidence-Based Models & Community-Based Programming
- Evidence-based model overview
- Successfully implementing an evidence-based model
- Technical assistance for evidence-based model implementation
- The art of developing and implementing outcome-based treatment plans
- Developing and implementing outcome-based behavioral plans
- Clinical supervision to receive professional licensure
- Consultation for complex case analysis
- Managerial skills for clinical personnel
Quality Management and Administration
- Measuring your success: Developing and implementing a quality assurance system that works for your organization/program
- Consultation and technical assistance for accreditation through Council on Accreditation
- Leadership and management: Essential skills for success
- Practical computer skills: Making your job easier with Excel, Word, Email, PowerPoint
- Low ropes challenge course and adventure therapy programs
- Community building for staff and clients; building a therapeutic alliance
- Teambuilding and group development programs for staff
- Self esteem building and personal exploration experiences for clients of all ages and abilities
- Trainings for school-based personnel in the following: trauma-informed approach, cultural diversity, gender-responsive approach, and crisis response & de-escalation
- Paraprofessional training to empower this important role in the classroom
- Consultation for educational supports and services, including goal-setting, needs assessment, program planning and implementation, and program evaluation
- Training in educational advocacy for providers supporting students in community settings
- Foster care pre-service training series (meets DCF requirements for licensing)
- Working with girls in your home: A gender-responsive approach to parenting girls
- Developing a therapeutic relationship with your foster child: Practical skills and techniques
Training and Consultation for Gender-Responsive Services for Girls and Women
Services are tailored to meet the needs of the requesting organization. Including but not limited to:
- Gender-responsive programming for girls and women
- Program assessment and recommendations
- Systems development, training and implementation
- Gender-responsive individualized treatment planning
- Suicide prevention and self-injurious behaviors training
For more information about training and consultation services, please contact Jessica Clow at JessicaClow@nafi.com.
Youth Link offers prevention and early intervention programs that exist in partnership with police departments, housing authorities and dedicated business leaders who support a powerful solution that brings crime down and offers new possibilities to youth at risk for violence and gang involvement. It is a division of North American Family Institute (NAFI) currently operating in ten cities including Hartford, Providence, Indianapolis and Boston.
For more information about Youth Link, please contact Jay Paris at JayParis@NAFI.com.